Annemarie van Kesteren is the wife of Edwin van der Sar, a former professional footballer and goalkeeper who played for Ajax, Juventus, Fulham, Manchester United and the Netherlands national team. She is a Dutch national who married Edwin in 2006 and has two children with him. She is mainly known as the spouse of one of the most successful and decorated goalkeepers in football history, who won several trophies and awards with his clubs and country.
In this post, we will explore more about Annemarie van Kesteren’s age, wiki, bio, family, career, net worth and more. We will also update you on the latest news about her husband’s health condition, as he is currently in intensive care after suffering a brain haemorrhage while on holiday in Croatia.
Annemarie van Kesteren Biography Profile
|Name||Annemarie van Kesteren|
|Date of Birth||Unknown|
|Age (as of 2023)||50 (estimated)|
|Home Town/State||Voorhout, Netherlands|
Early Life and Education
- There is not much information available about Annemarie van Kesteren’s early life and education.
- She is the wife of Edwin van der Sar, a former professional footballer and goalkeeper who played for Ajax, Juventus, Fulham, Manchester United and the Netherlands national team.
- She married Edwin van der Sar in May 2006 in a wedding ceremony that took place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands⁵.
|Wife/Husband||Edwin van der Sar|
|Children||Joe van der Sar (son), Lynn van der Sar (daughter)|
- There is not much information available about Annemarie van Kesteren’s career or occupation.
- She is mainly known as the wife of Edwin van der Sar, who is one of the most successful and decorated goalkeepers in football history.
- He won several trophies and awards with his clubs and country, including four Premier League titles, two UEFA Champions League titles, one UEFA Cup title, one FIFA Club World Cup title, one UEFA Super Cup title, two FA Cups, four League Cups, one Intercontinental Cup, one Coppa Italia title and one Johan Cruyff Shield title.
- He also holds the world record for the longest time without conceding a goal in league matches (1,311 minutes) and the most clean sheets in Premier League history (132).
- He retired from playing in 2011 and became the director of marketing at Ajax. He later became the chief executive officer of the club in 2016.
- He stepped down from his role as CEO in June 2023 after a disappointing season for Ajax.
Physical Stats and More:
Edwin Van der Sar and Annemarie van Kesteren Relationship
Edwin Van der Sar and his wife Annemarie van Kesteren have a long and strong relationship that has endured many challenges and joys. Here are some facts about their relationship:
- Edwin Van der Sar is married to Annemarie van Kesteren, a Dutch national who is mainly known as the spouse of the former professional footballer and goalkeeper¹.
- They got married on May 20, 2006 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- They have two children together: Joe van der Sar (born in 1998) and Lynn van der Sar (born in 2001). Joe is also a goalkeeper who plays for RKC Waalwijk in the Eredivisie, the top division of Dutch football.
- They live in Voorhout, a town in the province of South Holland, where Edwin was born and grew up.
- They are supportive of each other’s careers and interests. Annemarie often accompanies Edwin to his matches and events, while Edwin helps Annemarie with her charity work.
- They have faced some health scares in the past. In 2009, Annemarie suffered a brain haemorrhage that left her in a coma for three weeks. She recovered after undergoing surgery and rehabilitation, but lost some of her memory. Edwin took a break from football to take care of her and their children during that time. In 2023, Edwin suffered a similar condition while on holiday in Croatia. He was flown to a hospital by helicopter and admitted to intensive care. His condition was reported to be stable but still concerning³. Annemarie and their children were by his side as he received treatment.
- They are grateful and touched by the messages of support they have received from their fans, friends, family and colleagues. They have thanked everyone for their prayers and well-wishes through social media and statements.
- Who is Russian Journalist Elena Milashina?
- Who was Sue Johanson’s husband, Ejnor Johanson?
- Who was Meg Johnson?
- Who was Rick Froberg?
- Who is Darren Drozdov’s , ex-wife Julie Youngberg?
We hope you enjoyed reading our article on Who is Annemarie van Kesteren? Edwin Van der Sar’s wife Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Carrier, Net Worth & More. We are committed to bringing you interesting and informative biographies of remarkable people on our blog. If you learned something new and found this article helpful, please share it with your friends. Your comments, likes, and shares inspire us to write more quality content.