Charlotte Gainsbourg is a British-French actress and singer who was born on 21 July 1971 in London, England. She is the daughter of Jane Birkin, a style icon, actress and singer who famously inspired the Birkin bag and who died at 76 on 16 July 2023, and Serge Gainsbourg, a legendary French singer-songwriter who passed away in 1991.
Charlotte Gainsbourg has appeared in more than 50 films and has won several awards, including the Cannes Film Festival Best Actress Award for her role in Antichrist (2009). She has also released seven albums, collaborating with artists such as Beck, Air and Lars von Trier. Her net worth is estimated at $8 million as of 2023. In this post, we will explore her age, wiki, biography, career, net worth and more.
Charlotte Gainsbourg Biography Profile
|Name||Charlotte Lucy Gainsbourg|
|Date of Birth||21 July 1971|
|Birth Place||London, England, UK|
|Age (as of 2023)||52|
|Profession||Actress and singer|
|Home Town/State||Paris, France|
|School||École Active Bilingue Jeannine Manuel in Paris|
|Educational Qualification||High school diploma|
|Hobbies||Singing, acting, reading, traveling|
|Marital Status||In a relationship|
|Boyfriend/Girlfriend||Yvan Attal (since 1991)|
|Children||Ben Attal (1997); Alice Attal (2002); Joe Attal (2011)|
|Net Worth||$8 million (estimated)|
|Source of Income||Acting and singing|
Charlotte Gainsbourg Early Life and Education:
Charlotte Gainsbourg was born in London, England, on July 21, 1971, to French singer-songwriter Serge Gainsbourg and British actress-singer Jane Birkin. She has three half-siblings from her father’s side and two half-sisters from her mother’s side. She moved to Paris with her mother after her parents separated in 1980. She grew up in a musical and artistic environment, influenced by her father’s work and her mother’s style. She made her musical debut at the age of 12, singing a duet with her father called “Lemon Incest”. She also started acting at a young age, appearing in her first film, Paroles et musique, in 1984.
Charlotte Gainsbourg attended École Active Bilingue Jeannine Manuel in Paris, a bilingual school that teaches French and English. She later enrolled in Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil in Switzerland, a prestigious boarding school that offers a variety of academic and extracurricular activities³². She graduated from high school in 1989 and decided to pursue a career in acting and music. She has said that she was not a very good student and that she preferred to learn from experience rather than from books.
Charlotte Gainsbourg Carrier Highlight:
Charlotte Gainsbourg has had a remarkable career as both an actress and a singer, spanning over four decades. She has worked with some of the most acclaimed directors and musicians in the industry, and has received numerous awards and nominations for her performances. Here are some of the highlights of her career:
- In 1986, she won the César Award for Most Promising Actress for her role in An Impudent Girl, a coming-of-age drama directed by Claude Miller.
- In 1993, she made her English-speaking debut in The Cement Garden, a controversial adaptation of Ian McEwan’s novel, written and directed by her uncle Andrew Birkin.
- In 1996, she starred as the title character in Jane Eyre, a film version of Charlotte Brontë’s classic novel, directed by Franco Zeffirelli and co-starring William Hurt.
- In 2000, she won the César Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Log, a comedy-drama directed by Danièle Thompson and co-starring Sabine Azéma and Emmanuelle Béart.
- In 2006, she appeared alongside Gael García Bernal in The Science of Sleep, a whimsical fantasy-comedy directed by Michel Gondry and featuring original songs by Gainsbourg and Bernal.
- In 2007, she played Claire, one of the six incarnations of Bob Dylan, in I’m Not There, a biographical musical film directed by Todd Haynes and co-starring Cate Blanchett, Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. She also contributed a cover of Dylan’s “Just Like a Woman” to the film’s soundtrack.
- In 2009, she won the Cannes Film Festival Best Actress Award for her role in Antichrist, a controversial horror film directed by Lars von Trier and co-starring Willem Dafoe. She also collaborated with Beck on the film’s score.
- In 2010, she starred in The Tree, a French-Australian drama directed by Julie Bertuccelli and based on the novel Our Father Who Art in the Tree by Judy Pascoe. She played a widowed mother of four who believes that her husband’s spirit lives in a fig tree.
- In 2011, she reunited with Lars von Trier for Melancholia, a science fiction drama about two sisters facing the end of the world. She played Justine, a depressed bride who suffers a breakdown on her wedding night. The film also starred Kirsten Dunst, Kiefer Sutherland and Alexander Skarsgård.
- In 2017, she released Rest, her fifth studio album and her first in seven years. The album was co-produced by SebastiAn and featured collaborations with Paul McCartney, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo of Daft Punk and Owen Pallett. The album was critically acclaimed and nominated for several awards.
- In 2023, she appeared in The French Dispatch, a comedy-drama directed by Wes Anderson and featuring an ensemble cast that included Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand and Timothée Chalamet. She played Juliette Cadazzo, an art dealer and lover of Benicio del Toro’s character.
Physical Stats and More:
|Height (Aprox.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
|Weight (Aprox.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg|
|Figure Size||34-24-35 inches|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (US)|
- Favorite Colour: Unknown
- Favorite Actor: Unknown
- Favorite Actress: Unknown
- Favorite Movies: Unknown
- Favorite Singers: Serge Gainsbourg, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen
- Favorite Food: Unknown
- Favorite Designers: Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, Chanel
- Favorite Books: Unknown
- Favorite Dance Form: Unknown
- Favorite Wear: Jeans, T-shirts, blouses, skirts
- Favorite Animal: Cat
- Favorite Car: Unknown
- Favorite Things to Do: Singing, acting, reading, traveling
- Favorite Sports: Unknown
- Favorite Sports Person: Unknown
- Favorite Destination: Paris
- Does she smoke? Yes
- Does she consume alcohol? Yes
- Does she drive? Yes
- Does she know cooking? Yes
- Does she swim? Unknown
- Is she a practitioner? Unknown
- Does she go to the gym? Unknown
- Is she a jogger? Unknown
Social Media Handles:
|Social Media Platform||Handle/Username|
|Facebook Page||Charlotte Gainsbourg|
|YouTube||Charlotte Gainsbourg – Topic (auto-generated channel)|
- Who is Teddy Richards?
- Who was Sue Johanson’s husband, Ejnor Johanson?
- Who was Meg Johnson?
- Who was Rick Froberg?
- Who is Darren Drozdov’s , ex-wife Julie Youngberg?
We hope you enjoyed reading our article on Who is Jane Birkin doughter Charlotte Gainsbourg? Age, Wiki, Biography, Carrier, Net Worth & More. We are committed to bringing you interesting and informative biographies of remarkable people on our blog. If you learned something new and found this article helpful, please share it with your friends. Your comments, likes, and shares inspire us to write more quality content.