Angelo Bruschini, the guitarist of the iconic 90s band Massive Attack, passed away on October 23, 2023, after a battle with lung cancer. He was 44 years old. His death was announced by his wife Jessica Merritt, who shared a heartfelt message on X, formerly known as Twitter. She wrote: “I am very sad to announce that my beautiful husband, Angelo Bruschini, died on 23rd October 2023 at 12.15am. It was from a rare and aggressive cancer.”
But who was Angelo Bruschini’s first wife Sue? Here is what we know about her:
- Sue Bruschini was the former manager of Massive Attack, the trip-hop band that Angelo joined in the early 1990s. She was also a close friend of Robert “3D” Del Naja, one of the founding members of the band.
- Sue and Angelo got married in 1995, and had a son named Joel, who is now 28 years old. They divorced in 2004, after nine years of marriage.
- Sue remained in good terms with Angelo and his second wife Jessica, who he married in 2010. She also supported him during his illness and visited him in the hospital.
- Sue is currently working as a music consultant and promoter. She runs a company called SB Music Management, which represents artists such as The Heavy, The Milk, and The Qemists.
- Sue is also an advocate for mental health awareness and suicide prevention. She has been vocal about her own struggles with depression and anxiety, and has shared her story on various platforms.
- Sue is active on X, where she posts updates about her work and personal life. She has over 10k followers on the platform.
Sue has not yet publicly commented on Angelo’s death, but she has retweeted several tributes from his fans and friends. She also changed her profile picture to a black-and-white photo of him playing the guitar.
Angelo Bruschini was a talented and eccentric musician, who contributed to the Massive Attack canon with his unique guitar style. He also played for several other bands, such as The Blue Aeroplanes, Strangelove, and Jane Taylor. He will be missed by many people who loved his music and his personality.