Leslie Dayman was a legendary Australian actor, theatre director and narrator who passed away on October 20, 2023, at the age of 85. He was best known for his roles in popular Australian soap operas such as Homicide, Prisoner, Sons and Daughters and E Street. He had a long and successful career in theatre, television and film, winning many awards and accolades. He was also a loving husband, father and grandfather who left behind a legacy of excellence and passion. In this post, we will explore his life, career, family, net worth and more. We will also pay tribute to his memory and celebrate his achievements.
Leslie Dayman Biography Profile
|Name||Leslie Ernest Dayman|
|Nick Name||Les Dayman, Les Daymen|
|Date of Birth||January 19, 1938|
|Birth Place||Footscray, Victoria, Australia|
|Age (as of 2023)||85 (deceased)|
|Profession||Actor, theatre director, narrator|
|Home Town/State||Footscray, Victoria, Australia|
Leslie Dayman Early Life and Education
Leslie Dayman was born on January 19, 1938, in Footscray, Victoria, Australia. He was the son of AFL/VFL footballer Les Dayman. He started a career in theatre in 1955 and thereafter worked as an actor, director and narrator.
|Father Name||Les Dayman|
|Wife||Rose Dayman (1989 – his death 2023)|
|Children||Two sons (Nicholas Andrew and Timothy Paul)|
Leslie Dayman Career Highlight:
Leslie Dayman was a versatile and prolific actor who appeared in many theatre, television and film productions. He was best known for his roles in popular Australian soap operas such as Homicide, Prisoner, Sons and Daughters and E Street. Some of his notable works are:
- Homicide: He played senior detective Bill Hudson in 104 episodes from 1966 to 1968. He was one of the original television news consumer watchdogs who exposed wrongdoings and incompetence by private industry and government agencies.
- Prisoner: He played Geoff MacRae, one of three male prisoners in a 6-month story arc in 1985. He was involved in a love triangle with two female inmates and a prison riot.
- Sons and Daughters: He played Roger Carlyle, a ruthless shady businessman in episodes broadcast in 1984 and 1985. He was the father of Alison Carr (Belinda Giblin) and the enemy of David Palmer (Tom Richards).
- E Street: He played Senior Sergeant George Sullivan for the series entire run from 1989 to 1993. He was the leader of the Westside Police Station and the father figure of many characters. He had a romance with Martha O’Dare (Toni Pearen) and a rivalry with Wheels (Marcus Graham).
Other television appearances included Division 4, Bellamy, Cop Shop, Holiday Island, A Country Practice, Water Rats, Stingers, All Saints, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries and Sara Dane. Movie appearances included Weekend of Shadows, Gallipoli, Oscar and Lucinda, Footy Legends, Stepfather of the Bride, The Silence and Holy Smoke!. He acted in many South Australian Theatre Company productions and was its director from 1968 to 1969. In 1995, he was induced into the National Academy of Arts and Sciences Silver Circle.
Personal life and death
Leslie Dayman had two sons with Diane Chamberlain Dayman (also an actor and member of the South Australian Theatre Company): Nicholas Andrew and Timothy Paul. He also had two granddaughters and a grandson. Dayman was married to his wife Rosie Dayman from 1989. Leslie Dayman died on October 20, 2023, at the age of 85.
- Who is Richard Roundtree’s ex-wife, Mary Jane Grant?
- Who was Richard Roundtree?
- Karen M. Ciernia, the second wife of Richard Roundtree
- Who was Nate Davenport?
- Who was Robert Irwin ?
Thank you for reading our article about “Who was Leslie Dayman (Australian soap star) ? Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Net Worth & more”. We hope you enjoyed learning more about this amazing person and her life story. We are always eager to share interesting and inspiring biographies of celebrities and influencers with our readers. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. Your feedback and support motivate us to write more quality content for you. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!