Ashanti is a singer, songwriter and actress who rose to fame in the early 2000s with her hit songs and collaborations with rapper Nelly. She was born on October 13, 1980, in Glen Cove, New York, and has a net worth of $18 million as of 2021. She has won several awards, including a Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album in 2003 for her debut album Ashanti. She has also appeared in movies such as Coach Carter, John Tucker Must Die and Resident Evil: Extinction. In this blog post, we will explore her age, wiki, bio, family, career, net worth, and more.
Ashanti and Nelly dated on and off for about a decade, starting from 2003. They were one of the most popular couples in the music industry, and collaborated on songs such as “Body on Me” and “Dilemma”. However, they broke up in 2014 due to trust issues and infidelity rumors. They remained friends after their split, and even performed together on stage in 2021. However, in September 2023, Nelly confirmed that he and Ashanti are back together after seven years apart. He said that they were both surprised by their reunion, and that they are in a better place now.
Ashanti (Girlfriend of Rapper Nelly) Biography Profile:
|Name||Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1980|
|Birth Place||Glen Cove, New York, U.S.|
|Age (as of 2023)||43|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, actress|
|Home Town/State||Glen Cove, New York|
|School||Glen Cove High School|
|Educational Qualification||High school diploma|
|Hobbies||Writing, dancing, traveling|
|Boyfriend||Nelly (2003–2014, 2023–present)|
|Net Worth||$18 million (estimated)|
Rapper Nelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Ashanti Early Life and Education
Ashanti was born on October 13, 1980 in Glen Cove, New York. She is the daughter of Ken-Kaid and Tina Douglas, who are both involved in her music career as her road manager and manager, respectively. She has a sister named Kenashia and a brother named Leland. She was named after the Ashanti Empire, a powerful African kingdom that existed in present-day Ghana. She began performing at a young age, modeling and appearing in TV commercials. She also sang in the choir and participated in talent shows. She attended Glen Cove High School, where she was a track star and an honor student. She graduated in 1998 and decided to pursue a career in music.
Rapper Nelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Ashanti Family Details
|Father Name||Ken-Kaid Douglas|
|Mother Name||Tina Douglas|
Rapper Nelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Ashanti Career Highlight:
Ashanti is a multi-talented singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur who has achieved success in various fields of entertainment. She has sold over 27 million records worldwide and won numerous awards, including a Grammy, eight Billboard Music Awards, two American Music Awards, and five NAACP Image Awards. She has also starred in several films and TV shows, such as Coach Carter, Resident Evil: Extinction, Army Wives, and The Wiz. She has also launched her own record label, Written Entertainment, and her own perfume line, Precious Jewel. Here are some of the highlights of her career:
- In 2002, she released her debut album Ashanti, which sold over 500,000 copies in its first week and became the fastest-selling debut album by a female R&B artist in history. The album spawned three hit singles: “Foolish”, “Happy”, and “Baby”. “Foolish” reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and stayed there for 10 weeks. She also became the second artist (after The Beatles) to have their first three chart entries in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously. She won a Grammy Award for Best Contemporary R&B Album and eight Billboard Music Awards.
- In 2005, she made her acting debut in the film Coach Carter, starring Samuel L. Jackson. She played Kyra, a pregnant teenager who struggles with her boyfriend’s decision to pursue basketball over academics. She received positive reviews for her performance and won an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture. She also appeared in the film The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz, playing Dorothy Gale.
- In 2011, she released her sixth album Braveheart, which was her second independent album under Written Entertainment. The album debuted at number ten on the Billboard 200 chart and sold over 28,000 copies in its first week of release. It was her lowest-charting album to date, but still received positive reviews from critics. The lead single, “The Woman You Love”, featured Busta Rhymes. It reached number 59 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number nine on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart. The album also featured collaborations with R. Kelly, French Montana, Beenie Man, and Rick Ross.
- In 2014, she starred in the TV series Army Wives, playing Latasha Montclair, a mother of three who struggles with her husband’s deployment and her son’s illness. She received praise for her performance and won an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series. She also appeared in the TV movie A Christmas Winter Song , playing Clio Davenport , a singer who helps a grieving father cope with his loss .
- In 2020, she participated in the Verzuz battle with fellow singer Keyshia Cole, which was watched by over six million viewers online. She performed some of her classic hits and showcased her vocal skills. She also announced that she was working on new music and hinted at a possible reunion with Ja Rule.
Physical Stats and More:
|Height (Approx.)||163 cm|
|Weight (Approx.)||55 kg|
|Figure Size||34-23-38 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Favorite Actor||Denzel Washington|
|Favorite Actress||Halle Berry|
|Favorite Movies||The Dark Knight, Training Day, The Lion King|
|Favorite Singers||Drake, Jay-Z, Beyoncé|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, wings, burgers|
|Favorite Designers||Laruicci and Lorraine Schwartz|
|Favorite Books||The Hunger Games series|
|Favorite Dance Form||Hip hop|
|Favorite Things to Do||Play video games, watch movies, spend time with family|
|Favorite Sports||Football, basketball|
|Favorite Sports Person||LeBron James|
Social Media Handles
|Social Media Platform||Handle/Username|
Also read this:-
- Who Is Israel Adesanya’s Girlfriend?
- Who is Charlie Newling’s daughter?
- Who is Charlie Robison’s Wife?
- Who is Luis Rubiales Wife?
- Who is Kevin Porter Jr.’s girlfriend?
Thank you for reading our article about “Who is Rapper Nelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Ashanti? Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Career, Net Worth & More”. We hope you enjoyed learning more about this amazing person and her life story. We are always eager to share interesting and inspiring biographies of celebrities and influencers with our readers. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. Your feedback and support motivate us to write more quality content for you. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!