Andrew Huberman is an American neuroscientist, professor, and podcaster who is known for his research on the brain and vision, and his popular podcast, The Huberman Lab. He was born on September 26, 1975 in Palo Alto, California, and is currently 47 years old (as of 2023). He is a tenured associate professor in the Department of Neurobiology at Stanford University School of Medicine.
He has a height of 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm) and a chest size of 40 inches. His net worth is not known, but he has a successful career in academia and media. He is not married and has no wife or children. He has a sister named Jourdin Pauline, who is a pop singer. This post will provide more details about his wife, age, birthday, height, family, spouse, net worth and more.
Andrew Huberman Biography Profile
|Name||Andrew D. Huberman|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1975|
|Birth Place||Palo Alto, California, USA|
|Age (as of 2023)||47 years old|
|Profession||Neuroscientist, professor, and podcaster|
|Home Town/State||Palo Alto, California, USA|
|School||Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California|
|College||University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.), University of California, Berkeley (M.A.)2, University of California, Davis (Ph.D.)|
|Educational Qualification||Ph.D. in Neuroscience|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
Andrew Huberman Early Life and Education
Andrew Huberman was born on September 26, 1975 in Palo Alto, California. He is the son of Bernardo Huberman, a computer scientist and physicist who worked at Hewlett-Packard and Xerox PARC. His mother’s name is not known. He has a sister named Jourdin Pauline, who is a pop singer. He grew up in a Jewish family and attended Henry M. Gunn High School in Palo Alto. He developed an interest in neuroscience at a young age and decided to pursue a career in the field. He graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a B.A. in Biology in 1998.
He then obtained an M.A. in Zoology from the University of California, Berkeley in 2000. He completed his Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of California, Davis in 2004. His doctoral thesis was titled “Neural activity and axon guidance cue regulation of eye-specific retinogeniculate development” and focused on how neural activity and molecular signals shape the development of visual pathways in the brain. He did his postdoctoral training at Stanford University from 2005 to 2010 under the supervision of Ben Barres, a renowned neuroscientist who studied glial cells and neurodegeneration.
Andrew Huberman Career
Andrew Huberman is a neuroscientist, professor, and podcaster who has made significant contributions to the fields of brain development, brain plasticity, and neural regeneration. Some of his career highlights are:
- He received his Ph.D. in neuroscience from the University of California, Davis in 2004, where he studied how neural activity and molecular signals shape the development of visual pathways in the brain.
- He completed his postdoctoral training at Stanford University from 2005 to 2010, working with Ben Barres, a renowned neuroscientist who studied glial cells and neurodegeneration.
- He became an assistant professor of neurobiology and neuroscience at the University of California, San Diego from 2011 to 2015, where he continued his research on the mechanisms of brain plasticity and regeneration.
- He moved to Stanford University in 2016, where he is currently a tenured associate professor in the Department of Neurobiology at the School of Medicine. He leads the Huberman Lab, which focuses on how the brain works, how the brain changes and adapts through experiences, and how the brain recovers from disease or injury.
- He has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers in prestigious journals such as Nature, Science, Cell, and Neuron. He has also received several awards and honors for his research, such as the McKnight Foundation Scholar Award, the Pew Scholar Award, and the NIH Director’s New Innovator Award.
- He has collaborated with David Spiegel, a psychiatrist and hypnosis expert at Stanford, to study how cortisol and anxiety-based depression affect the brain. He has also worked with other researchers and clinicians to develop novel therapies for vision loss, spinal cord injury, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- He has launched the Huberman Lab podcast in 2021, which aims to educate the public about neuroscience and its applications for health and well-being. The podcast has been ranked among the top 10 podcasts on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and has more than 3.5 million subscribers on YouTube .
- He has partnered with Momentous, a sports and nutrition company, to offer branded dietary supplements that are based on scientific evidence. He has also become a scientific advisor for Athletic Greens, another supplements retailer.
Andrew Huberman wife
Andrew Huberman does not have a wife. He has never been married or engaged in the past. He has also not revealed any information about his girlfriend or past relationships. He is currently single and focused on his career as a neuroscientist, professor, and podcaster. He has said that he wants to get married and have a big family someday, but he has not found the right person yet. He is the son of a computer scientist and physicist, and the brother of a pop singer. He is known for his research on the brain and vision, and his popular podcast, The Huberman Lab.
Andrew Huberman’s Physical Stats and More:
|Height (Aprox.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
|Weight (Aprox.)||in Kilograms- 102 kg|
|Figure Size||Chest: 40 inches, Waist: 32 inches, Biceps: 14 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
Social Media Handles
|Social Media Platform||Handle/Username|
Also read this:-
- Paul Grant Biography – Age, Early life, Carrier, Cause Of Death
- Colette Provencher Age, Conjoint, Rupture, Net Worth, Salaire and Biography
- Kutty Surumi Biography- Date of Birth, Age, Parents, Movies
- Quqco Age, Wiki, Bio, Height, Net Worth, Boyfriend & More
- Alexia Monse Age, Wiki, Family, Height, Weight, Net Worth, Biography
Thank you for reading our article about “Who was Ron Barassi? Cause of Death, Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Career, Net Worth & More”. We hope you enjoyed learning more about this amazing person and her life story. We are always eager to share interesting and inspiring biographies of celebrities and influencers with our readers. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. Your feedback and support motivate us to write more quality content for you. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!