Steve Harwell was an American singer, songwriter, and musician who died on September 4, 2023. He was 56 years old. He was best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Smash Mouth, which had hits such as “Walkin’ on the Sun”, “All Star”, and “I’m a Believer”. He also had a solo career and released one album and two singles. He was married to Michelle Laroque and had one son named Presley Scott Harwell. He was also a reality TV star and a philanthropist. He died of a heart attack at his home in San Jose, California. Here is a detailed biography of Steve Harwell, including his age, wiki, bio, family, wife, career, net worth, and more.
Steve Harwell Biography Profile
|Nick Name||The Mouth|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1967|
|Birth Place||Santa Clara, California, USA|
|Age (as of 2023)||56 years|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, and musician|
|Home Town/State||San Jose, California, USA|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
Steve Harwell Early Life and Education
Steve Harwell was born and raised in Santa Clara, California, USA. He developed an interest in music at a young age and listened to various genres such as rock, punk, ska, rap, and metal. He played drums in his high school band and later switched to vocals. He dropped out of school and worked as a rapper and DJ in the Bay Area. He also worked as a mortgage broker for a while.
|Children||Presley Scott Harwell (born January 7, 2001)|
Steve Harwell Career Highlight:
Steve Harwell was a singer, songwriter and actor who was best known as the co-founder and lead vocalist of the pop rock band Smash Mouth. Here are some of the highlights of his career:
- He started his music career as a rapper with the group F.O.S. (Freedom of Speech) in San Jose, California.
- He formed Smash Mouth in 1994 with drummer Kevin Coleman, guitarist Greg Camp and bassist Paul Delisle.
- He achieved fame and success with Smash Mouth’s debut album Fush Yu Mang in 1997, which featured the hit single “Walkin’ on the Sun” that reached No. 1 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart and No. 2 on the Hot 100 chart.
- He followed up with Smash Mouth’s second album Astro Lounge in 1999, which included the smash hit “All Star” that became a cultural phenomenon and was featured in several movies, TV shows and video games.
- He won a Grammy nomination for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for “All Star” in 2000.
- He starred in the comedy film Rat Race in 2001, where he performed “All Star” with his bandmates and other celebrities.
- He appeared in the reality show The Surreal Life in 2006, where he lived with other celebrities in a Hollywood mansion for two weeks.
- He released six more albums with Smash Mouth, including Get the Picture? in 2003, Summer Girl in 2006, Magic in 2012 and Fush Yu Mang Acoustic in 2017.
- He retired from Smash Mouth in 2021 due to health issues and was replaced by Zach Goode as the new vocalist.
- He died at the age of 56 on September 4, 2023 at his home in Boise, Idaho due to liver failure.
Physical Stats and More:
|Height (Aprox.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
|Weight (Aprox.)||in Kilograms- 90 kg|
|Favorite Actor||Tom Hanks|
|Favorite Actress||Julia Roberts|
|Favorite Movies||Rat Race, Shrek, The Godfather|
|Favorite Singers||Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Sushi, Ice Cream|
|Favorite Designers||Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren|
|Favorite Books||The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown|
|Favorite Dance Form||Hip Hop, Salsa, Swing|
|Favorite Wear||Jeans and T-shirt, Leather Jacket, Sunglasses|
|Favorite Animal||Dog, Tiger, Dolphin|
|Favorite Car||Ford Mustang, Ferrari 488 Spider, Tesla Model S|
|Favorite Things to Do||Singing, Writing, Acting, Traveling, Cooking, Reading, Playing Video Games, Watching Sports, Spending Time with Family and Friends|
|Favorite Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Tennis|
|Favorite Sports Person||Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams|
|Favorite Destination||Hawaii, Japan, Italy|
Steve Harwell Cause of Death:
Steve Harwell, the founding lead singer of Smash Mouth, died on Monday, September 4, 2023, at his home in Boise, Idaho. He was 56 years old. The cause of death was acute liver failure, which was caused by years of alcohol abuse. Harwell had been suffering from various health issues and had retired from the band in 2021. He was surrounded by his family and friends when he passed away peacefully.
Harwell was a pop rock icon who was known for his hits like “All Star” and “I’m a Believer”. He was also an actor who appeared in movies like Rat Race and TV shows like The Surreal Life. He was a true American original who lived a full-throttle life and left a lasting legacy in the music industry.
- Does he smoke? Yes
- Does he consume alcohol? Yes
- Does he drive? Yes
- Does he know cooking? Unknown
- Does he swim? Unknown
- Is he a practitioner? Unknown
- Does he go to the gym? No
- Is he a jogger? No
- Does he travel? Yes
- Does he have pets? Yes, a dog named Charlie
- Does he play any instruments? Yes, guitar and harmonica
- Does he have any tattoos? Yes, several on his arms and chest
Social Media Handles
|Social Media Platform||Handle/Username|
Also read this:-
- Who was Abdul Karim Telgi (Scam 2003)?
- Who is Ruby Franke?
- Who is Kristin Chenoweth’s new husband Josh Bryant?
- Who is Simone Bile Husband?
- Who is Jimmy Buffett’s wife Jane Slagsvol?
Thank you for reading our article about “Who is Sean Strickland? Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Career, Net Worth & More”. We hope you enjoyed learning more about this amazing person and her life story. We are always eager to share interesting and inspiring biographies of celebrities and influencers with our readers. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. Your feedback and support motivate us to write more quality content for you. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!