DJ Mark (The 45 King) was a legendary American hip hop producer and DJ who died on October 19, 2023 at the age of 62. He was known for his unique sound and his ability to make beats using obscure 45 RPM records. He was also a member of the iconic Flavor Unit crew and produced for many artists such as Queen Latifah, Jay-Z, Eminem, and Snoop Dogg. In this post, we will explore his age, wiki, bio, family, net worth, and more.
DJ Mark (The 45 King) Biography Profile
|Name||Mark Howard James|
|Nick Name||The 45 King, DJ Mark the 45 King|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1961|
|Birth Place||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
|Age (as of 2023)||62 (deceased)|
|Profession||Record producer, disc jockey|
|Home Town/State||The Bronx, New York, U.S.|
|Hobbies||Making beats using obscure 45 RPM records|
|Net Worth||Not available|
Early Life and Education
- DJ Mark was born as Mark Howard James on October 16, 1961 in the Bronx, New York, U.S.
- He learned to DJ from his father, who was a piano teacher and church choirmaster
- He moved to New Jersey in the mid-1980s and began deejaying around the area, pulling samples from 45s and gaining a reputation as a solid beat maker in the process
- DJ Mark first gained fame with his breakbeat track “The 900 Number” in 1987. The song featured a looping of a baritone sax solo from Marva Whitney’s “Unwind Yourself” (1968)
- He signed with Tuff City Records that year and was given a production deal. He also started the New Music Distribution Service, which specialized in independent artist-owned record labels
- He was instrumental in the development of the Flavor Unit, a crew of hip-hop artists that included Queen Latifah, Chill Rob G, Lakim Shabazz, Apache, and others
- He did extensive production work on Queen Latifah’s debut album All Hail the Queen (1989), which is considered one of his best works
- He also produced for many other artists such as Jay-Z, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Dizzee Rascal, B.O.B., and others
- He died on October 19, 2023 due to unknown causes
- Who is Charles Feeney’s wife Danielle Feeney?
- Who was Steven Lutvak?
- Who was Hughes Van Ellis?
- Who was Louise Meriwether?
- Who was John Tilley?
Thank you for reading our article about “Who was DJ Mark (The 45 King)? Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Net Worth & More”. We hope you enjoyed learning more about this amazing person and her life story. We are always eager to share interesting and inspiring biographies of celebrities and influencers with our readers. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. Your feedback and support motivate us to write more quality content for you. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!